Episode #9: Desperation or Preparation?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode #9: Desperation or Preparation?

Post  SSJ5G on Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:54 pm

The NESF had failed to add the legend Son Goku to their ranks, but they at least were able to leave knowing that there was no way the School Imperial Army could do the same. The members began to work on training, knowing the day would soon come when Terra would be able to put together the rest of the data he stole from the enemy's terminal and find their base's info, including its weakness.
--------
Corey continued to train solo, now using the Kamehameha to his advantage whenever possible. Streak did the same, assaulting the sandbags as usual.
--------
"You sure he's not just full of it?" asked Drew, looking to the pot in the corner. There, a small plant with a few beans was already growing inside. It had scarcely been a week since it was planted, and it appeared it was just a bean tree.

"Pretty sure the guy knew what he gave us..." Zach replied.

SSJ5G
Admin

View user profile http://theeenezplayground.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode #9: Desperation or Preparation?

Post  Gohan2535 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:10 pm

"Son Goku..." Zukai whispered. He couldn't help but wonder why the man looked somewhat disgusted in him. He shook said thought from his mind and began to take a breath before he continued his training.

He'd been meditating for some time now, and he thought he needed to do something more 'practical'. He knew that while participating in this war, he would face his greatest foe: Zeno. The man he had wanted to take revenge on since the day of his family's death.

He went through his mind, thinking of what he had learned up to this point. Remembered the battles he faced as his time as a false assassin.

His combat skill. Up until now he'd only been using his own 'style'. A type of fighting that had no form or organization. What he would do on this day, was practice the way he executed his attacks and swordsmanship.

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toonking911 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 am

Above the underground base, was a large fenced in area that was used by the soldiers cardio mostly. Which is exactly was happening currently.

A dozen or so soldiers currently ran shirtless at top speed through the dirt area. They truly were showing amazing physical stamina and agility in comparison to normal humans. The unsettling thing, was there expressions.

The mens expressions all radiated with exhaustion and fear. There eyes almost blank, dark circles under them. Sweat flying with each movement of there toned bodies.

What could have caused this?

"Hurry! He'll catch up soon!" one soldier gasped. Many of them turned there heads to the cloud of dust in the ever so slight distance.

And there the only Namekian member of the NESF group ran, shirtless with a number of large rocks tired together on his back. His wildly wide grin told the soldiers that they didn't want him to catch up.

Toonking911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ5G on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:48 pm

Corey now sped through the area he was in, trying to develop his own style. He was punching the air rapidly, his speed and combat prowess gradually improving. When the war began, the best he could do was throw windmill arms. Now he was beginning to slowly develop his style, transplanting each style he'd seen so far on his own.
-----------
Drew was back to sparring with Zach. I'm kinda bullshitting my way through this post.

SSJ5G
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gohan2535 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm

Zukai punched a rock causing the piece to fly outward from the impact, while he quickly grabbed and unsheathed his sword with his freehand and slashed the rock in two, all while sheathing it back immediately afterwards.

He continued to work on his execution, occasionally switching from hand-to-hand combat to sword fighting.

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toonking911 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 pm

The soldiers eventually exhausted all of there stamina, and collapsed. They looked back at the one man stampede bounding forward, and screamed in fear. From across the area, a timer went off from a bench.

Makutas ears twitched, and he skidded to a halt. His grin faded, as he dropped the stones from his back.

"Alright, break time..." Makuta nodded, walking away. The half dead soldiers groaned. Within a few seconds, Nadie appeared with a crate of water bottles for them.

Toonking911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ5G on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:41 am

Streak paused for a moment, taking a break from his training.

"...I have to head back to the clan's grounds..." he mused. "I have to be able to train outside the clan...and in order to do that..."

He clenched one hand, as yellow lightning crackled off it.

"I have to show them exactly what I learned...and how I now utilize my element...I have to do it before the final battle of the war..."
-----------
Corey paused from his training. He didn't know why, but he felt...like he was missing something. Something important to his training, like a training partner.

"With Zach and Drew sparring each other," Corey started, "and doing paperwork on the side, who's left? Makuta...no, I think I'll hold off on that, I want to be able to land a hit next time. Streak's not allowed...Nadie's..."

Somehow, Corey arrived at a different conclusion.

"Maybe...Zukai. The guy with the sword..." He said, sitting up. "Maybe he'll help me..."

SSJ5G
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gohan2535 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:15 am

"Ngh!" Zukai grunted. His body began to blur and shift. Occasionally his skin would stretch from his side, but then retract to its original position. Beads of sweat ran down his cheeks, as he sighed he fell on his back closing his eyes, "Well that didn't work."

He sat up, unsheathing his sword. He began to examine it.

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toonking911 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:24 pm

Makuta arrived at the bench, and stopped that timers annoying ringing. He raised his large jug of water and began to drink. He grinned, and a drip of water came from between his fangs and down his chin. Nadie approached, weary.

"Don't you think the soldiers are being pushed alittle to hard?" she asked, holding her arm. Makuta turned away from her, and took another swig.

"How do you figure?" the Namekian questioned. He cracked his neck with a tilt of his head.

"Your putting alot of stress on them...they can only take so much..." Nadie replied, raising her voice. Makuta turned, looking at her calmly.

"So are you saying that despite them coming here to fight, and being willing to die....that they can't handle this much?"

Toonking911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ5G on Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:50 pm

Corey left his training area in search of Zukai, hoping to see if the older ass(assin) would train him. Still without the ability to sense energy, Corey took his Scouter with him, hoping to scan him out. Sure, he was surrounded by 100+ power levels, but Corey was sure he'd find Zukai before long...
-------------
"Nadie...Makuta...have you seen Zukai...?"

SSJ5G
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gohan2535 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Zukai's hand was raised beads of sweat ran down the side of his face. A small odd shaped ball of ki was spinning in place as it constantly shifted.
----------------

"Zukai?" Nadie thought, "Well the last time I saw him he was heading off in that direction." she pointed off towards where she was mentioning.

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toonking911 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Makuta took another swig from his large jug of water, and reached out with his free hand. Grabbing Nadies head, he casually flipped her around. She now pointed in the opposite direction. Her cheeks flushed slightly in embarrassment. Makuta brought the jug down and wiped his chin without looking at either of them.

Toonking911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ5G on Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:24 pm

"Okay, thanks!" Corey said, going on towards Zukai's location on foot since he hadn't learned to fly yet.
----------
Drew and Zach sparred and shit. Also Streak did stuff to the sandbags. Bleah. I don't know what to think.

SSJ5G
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gohan2535 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:24 pm

The blob of ki began to flatten out into a disc shape. A definable hum began to resonate as the ki disc began to spin in place. Its speed increased and increased, eventually showing an afterimage at the edge which portrayed spikes of ki.

"Yes...that's...it..." Zukai was still concentrating on keeping it in place above his hand, "YAH!"

He turned around, throwing his arm forward, the disc flying forward.

"AH!!!" A voice screamed, the disc barley missing him and hitting a rock before dispersing into fragments. The rock wasn't affected.

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toonking911 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:54 pm

"Come on Nadie..." Makuta said, bringing his water jug with him. The Saiyan looked confused.

"What? I thought you were-"

"We're going to spar. You've been slacking to much..." he cut her off, taking a drink.

"Atleast this gives the soldiers some time to relax..."

"And don't you others think of this as a break!" the Namekian yelled across the dirt field. The soldiers began to panic. "One hundred laps! Let's go!"

The soldiers still panicked as they rose and began to run.

"And don't even think about doing any less! I'll be eagerly listening to your every step!" Makuta crackled, as he led Nadie to the underground.

Toonking911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ5G on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:29 pm

Corey ducked down, looking behind him to see where the mysterious energy attack had gone. A small line, barely even there, was in there.

What kind of attack was that? the young Saiyan thought to him.

SSJ5G
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gohan2535 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:12 pm

"C...Corey?!" Zukai asked eyes wide, "Are you okay? I didn't know you were there!"

"err.." The young saiyan began, but Zukai had already forgot that event.

Zukai quickly turned his attention to the attack he had failed to efficiently make, "Darn. I guess I didn't keep it together as well as I thought.

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ5G on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:08 pm

"Yeah, I'm fine," Corey said. "What attack were you working on?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
The two Saiyans stopped sparring for a moment.

"Drew, assessment time," Zach said. "What do you think we're going to be up against when we finally go to the SuperSchool..."

"Probably a crapload of those abominations they sicced on us back at Hill Top Zone...and more battle droids than the platoons can keep up with." Drew responded, "Possibly some other things we haven't seen yet. Why?"

"No reason. Just wanted to know how well you could plan out...but I don't think planning's gonna prepare us for everything that goes on there..."

SSJ5G
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gohan2535 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:17 pm

"Oh. Uh. I think it was called the 'Destructo Disk'," Zukai replied having to think about it, "Can't seem to get it right though. It's basically a disc, as the name implies, of ki that spins so fast that it can cut through almost anything. But, as you can see, I haven't gotten to that point yet," He pointed to the rock which barley had a scratch on it from the attack.

Zukai paused, "So uh...why are you here?"

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toonking911 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:23 pm

Makuta and Nadie walked into one of the training rooms, only to find Drew and Zach.

"Oh, looks like it's occupied..." Nadie said aloud, before she realized. No way Makuta could have simply not known they were here...

"Not a problem..." Zach assured.

"Oh, isn't this a surprise..." Makuta grin widened as he flashed his fangs. "While we're all here, how about some two on two?"

Toonking911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ5G on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:19 pm

"Well, um..." Corey started. "Can we...spar? You and me...?"
------------
"...Hmm..." Zach said. "Why not? Could be interesting..."

"Hold on a moment..." Drew said. "Me and Zach vs you and Nadie, Makuta, or...?"

SSJ5G
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gohan2535 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 pm

"Spar? Oh. Sure!" Zukai nodded, "I haven't really sparred with anyone in a while," He took a stance, a certain flare of intimidation emitted from his figure.
---------------------
Makuta lead on a smirk that showed his sharp teeth.

Nadie somewhat became nervous, she never really sparred with anyone other then Makuta. And of course she had been able to see Zach and Drew fight, and she could probably inter their movement, but something just made her not want to spar in this way. She tried to shake that mindset.

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toonking911 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Drews question was met with a sharp uppercut to the jaw. The Saiyan, completely off guard was sent flying back. Zachs eyes grew wide, and he was just barely able to raise both arms to block an explosive kick from the Namekian. He was still sent skidding back, not yet totally prepared.

He sent them both flying instantly! a shocked Nadie noted internally. A moment later, she felt Makutas four fingered hand rest on her head. She was quickly lifted off her feet and launched at the recovering Zach. The Namekian calmly turned, blocking a retaliation from an angry Drew.

Toonking911

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ5G on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:39 pm

"Answer the question before the punch, Makuta!" Drew called out, trying for another kick which was parried, followed by a slight punch which managed to nick the Namek's face. However, Makuta managed to perform a cross-counter on Drew, resulting in the two punching each other.

Meanwhile, Zach looked to Nadie, who seemed to be off-guard from being tossed through the air. Normally, he'd have attacked, but he hesitated for a moment.
-------
Corey and Zukai quickly began to make preparations for the spar. Zukai pretty much decided not to use the sword for the spar for obvious reasons, considering Corey didn't have one.

"Are you ready?" asked Zukai, slightly afraid of what he might do if the boy got a bit too far ahead in the mock battle*.

"Yeah..." Corey responded, still in disbelief Zukai agreed to this.

"Let's start then..."

*Basically like Vegeta to Kid Trunks, except with a blade

SSJ5G
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gohan2535 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Zukai charged forward sending out an attack towards Corey.
---------------------
Nadie quickly stumbled to recover whilst in the air, switching to a position of attack. She threw her hand to the side.

Zach, however, dodged the swipe, laying out a short counterattack that sent Nadie back.

Gohan2535
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top